Necessity is the mother of invention. The birth of my daughter, Stella, was the most amazing thing to happen to me. With infants sleeping an average of 17hrs a day, a safe sleep environment is paramount.
Unfortunately, all of the "safer" options were too expensive for my budget as a college student, and none of them fully addressed my concerns with safe sleep. So I created something better.
By designing a sleep system that reduces risks associated with early infancy, I slept easier as a new father. As a 22-year-old student with a newborn, anything that helped me sleep better was a godsend.
Realizing I could help people with this idea, my mission became deeper. I wanted to disrupt complacency and I wanted to help a new generation get a head start. Most importantly, I hoped that Crescent Womb could be the catalyst to a more intimate, natural, and safe approach to early childcare.
I hope this product can bring a sense of relief to all new parents, just like it did for me, and help their little ones thrive, just like it did for our family.
- SAFE SLEEP ENVIRONMENT- Crescent Womb does not force baby into any position. It simply promotes even weight distribution and adjusts to their natural shape, taking pressure off the back of the head, hips, and spine. This promotes baby in a position that is safest for sleep and free from risks found from unsafe positions (such as positional asphyxiation). That is why our product is CPSC compliant, trusted by over 5000 families and used by medical pro's across the USA.
- 100% Breathable- So breathable it is literally see through. This means 360 degrees of Fresh Air at All Times. This seriously reduces suffocation risks and Co2 build up which have both been linked to thousands of infant death cases.
- SWADDLING, but better... Crescent Womb creates a more effective and comforting swaddle without adding extra blankets to the crib environment. Eliminating materials in the sleep environment allows parents to MORE strictly adhere to AAP SAFE SLEEP RECOMMENDATIONS.
- NATURAL- There are no dangerous hinges or electronics, just a patented design that supports baby the way nature intended. Plus all of our materials are sustainable, non-toxic, hypoallergenic, machine washable fabrics .
- MORE OXYGEN FOR BABY- Babies breathe easier in Crescent Womb and receive more oxygen to developing vital organs. Easy breathing and more oxygen promote infant growth by freeing up calories and energy that can be used for development.
- PROPER ERGONOMICS- Proper positioning is vital during early infant development. A supportive sleep environment like Crescent Womb can: Help hip development and prevents hip dysplasia; Helps with digestion and prevents reflux; promotes rapidly developing motor skills; numerous other benefits.